It is currently Sat 01 Nov 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Walker Books
PostPosted: Wed 16 May 2012 7:44 pm 

You might like to know that Walker Books Ltd is setting up a new imprint called Walker Éireann. They have engaged Gabriel Rosenstock to translate for them and next September they will be publishing four of their titles in Irish. The one I'm really looking forward to seeing is Owl Babies - Ulchabháin Óga followed by Guess how much I love you - Tomhais Méid Mo Ghrá Duit. In the UK they also publish books with CDs and DVDs and a very useful series of CDs called Listen and Join in (which unfortunately are no longer available) if they could go on and do the same in Irish, that would really be marvellous. There's also the series Read and Respond published by Scholastic that include these titles, again it would be a nice idea to have them in Irish.
PS I'm going to see Gabriel Rosenstock next week in Paris presenting an evening of Haïku au Centre culturel irlandais -
bhí sé riamh
bunoscionn -
Cuan Mó
it has always been
upside down -
Clew Bay
il a toujours été
sens dessus dessous
la Baie de Clew

Post subject: Re: Walker Books
PostPosted: Wed 16 May 2012 10:11 pm 

franc 91 wrote:
You might like to know that Walker Books Ltd is setting up a new imprint called Walker Éireann. They have engaged Gabriel Rosenstock to translate for them and next September they will be publishing four of their titles in Irish. The one I'm really looking forward to seeing is Owl Babies - Ulchabháin Óga followed by Guess how much I love you - Tomhais Méid Mo Ghrá Duit. In the UK they also publish books with CDs and DVDs and a very useful series of CDs called Listen and Join in (which unfortunately are no longer available) if they could go on and do the same in Irish, that would really be marvellous. There's also the series Read and Respond published by Scholastic that include these titles, again it would be a nice idea to have them in Irish.
PS I'm going to see Gabriel Rosenstock next week in Paris presenting an evening of Haïku au Centre culturel irlandais -
bhí sé riamh
bunoscionn -
Cuan Mó
it has always been
upside down -
Clew Bay
il a toujours été
sens dessus dessous
la Baie de Clew
Franc, a chara, you are full of interesting tidbits that you pick up all over the place! Bain taitneamh as an oíche. :reading: