It is currently Wed 23 Jul 2014 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu 10 Nov 2011 5:51 pm 

Hi there, I am VERY new at this so any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I have a tattoo of the Celtic Tree of Life and Triquetra that I am wanting to get that is packed FULL of important meaning to me...right down to the color being used. My family is Scottish on my mother's side and I would like a small quote to go with it in Gaelic but I need help with the translation. I obviously want it to be correct and make sense. I am looking for something along the lines of:

"Find strength within for Life is a journey"

I think 'strength within' = neart laistigh .......and that 'life is a journey' = is turas é an saol

I'm just not sure how to combine them?? Also the correct pronuciation would help please!

PostPosted: Thu 10 Nov 2011 8:19 pm 

I'll just lock this topic as I see there is a thread for this already and we like to have just one per request. :D

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=428

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]